- 1 lb (500g) sliced oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 ounces (100g) diced bacon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh thyme and chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In a skillet, fry bacon pieces until crisp. Remove bacon bits and set aside. Discard the rendered bacon fat, but keep some in the bottom of the pan.
2. In the same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and fry the garlic over low-medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in your oyster mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to soften.
3. Pour in the cream, chicken broth and Parmesan; allow to simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning with fresh cracked black pepper — bacon and parmesan should be salty enough for the dish. Garnish with crisp bacon, thyme, parsley, or grated parmesan. Enjoy!